Business Card FAQ
- Who can order UW–Madison business cards?
- Can students order UW–Madison business cards?
- How much do business cards cost?
- How do I order UW–Madison business cards?
- How do I pay for my business cards?
- What kind of business card can I order through University Communications?
- Can I order a business card other than an official UW–Madison card through University Communications?
- What should I do if my text doesn’t fit in the standard business card layout? Am I allowed to make any type and/or format changes?
- Can I change my business card order once I have submitted it?
- How long will it take to receive my cards after I place an order?
- What should I do if there is an error with my business card order?
Who can order UW–Madison business cards?
Any UW–Madison faculty or staff member may order UW–Madison business cards. Orders, however, must be processed through a UW–Madison office or department and must be paid through fund coding. Business cards can not be purchased by individuals with cash or credit cards.
Can students order UW–Madison business cards?
Yes. Any student who is a current degree candidate in good standing may order and pay for business cards at StudentPrint.
How much do business cards cost?
All business card costs are based on 500 cards per box.
The Premium four-color card costs $70. This card is available as a two-sided card only, and it is printed on a heavier stock.
The Standard four-color card costs $55 for one-sided printing and $70 for printing on both sides.
The Standard two-color thermographed (raised printing) card costs $40 for one-sided printing and $50 for printing on both sides.
How do I order UW–Madison business cards?
The online order form provides business card specifications and prices, and allows you to enter your text from any campus-based computer. University Communications only accepts online business card orders. Orders sent through interdepartmental mail are no longer accepted.
How do I pay for my business cards?
Departmental fund coding is the only method of payment accepted. Cash, credit cards, and purchasing cards are not accepted. If you are not familiar with the university’s fund codes, please work with your unit’s business office.
What kind of business card can I order online through University Communications?
The official UW–Madison business card features the UW–Madison logo and uses specific formatting for personal information.
Campus units may order business cards for their faculty or staff that comply with one of four approved versions:
- Premium cards feature the UW-Madison institutional logo, and are printed on both sides on heavier stock.
- Version A cards use the institutional logo and are available as two-color or four-color cards.
- Version B cards use the secondary logo for the card’s graphic, and are available as two-color or four-color cards.
- Version C cards use the secondary logo for the card’s graphic, and are available as two-color or four-color cards.
The dean of each school or college determines whether faculty or staff within the school or college may use the secondary logo (versions B and C). Contact University Communications to place version B or C orders.
Can I order a business card other than an official UW–Madison card through University Communications?
University Communications strongly recommends that all university offices and departments use the UW–Madison business card. If you require a business card that is independent of the official UW–Madison identity, please contact University Communications for assistance.
What should I do if my text doesn’t fit in the business card layout? Am I allowed to make any type and/or format changes?
The online ordering form is designed to accommodate a variety of text applications. Occasionally, however, a client’s information does not work within the existing fields. In these instances, please contact University Communications. Small changes within the standard design will be provided as necessary at no additional cost.
Can I change my business card order once I have submitted it?
Yes, but University Communications does not key in corrections or changes to online orders. That must be done by the person who placed the original order. Simply go to the online order form, find the “Modify/Track/Delete an Order” function, and follow the instructions. If you need to add fund coding to your order, use the “Add Fund Coding to an Order” function.
How long will it take to receive my cards after I place an order?
University Communications cannot process your order until a fund code has been submitted and verified. Once payment is confirmed, all cards typically deliver within 10 working days.
What should I do if there is an error with my business card order?
If the cards delivered to you have a mistake due to a printer error, the cards will be reprinted at no charge. Send two samples of the card, with the error highlighted, to University Communications, Suite 200, 711 State Street. Include your name and phone number, in case we have questions.
If your department made the mistake, we will order new cards and charge you. To order corrected cards, please use the "Resubmit an Order" link found in the upper-right corner of the online order form. Be sure to make the necessary correction(s) to the previous order before you resubmit it. Contact University Communications if you have questions.